Monday, February 4, 2008

Day 24 - Land Ahoy!

I missed a late message from Jeff yesterday I feel I just have to share ...

"Day 7 [of Leg2], have had a dream run to date, but weather looking grim next 2 days with uncomfortable wind and swell mixed with rain. We still have 90% fuel, 75% water,60% food, but only 9 beers and 1 bottle of wine. Missing loved ones, especially those that don't snore or fart."

I did have a laugh when I saw this message, and really hope I meet the 'special' criteria! haha

1700hrs - Position Lat 31 degrees 46.5 Long 159 degrees 22.5

For the first time in 5 days the guys sighted land today, at 1201hrs to be precise. I hope some of the remaining bottles of beer were ceremoniously cracked open for the occasion! At 1700hrs they passed Balls Pyramid and Jeff's comments were "passing Balls Pyramid - simply stunning. Lord Howe Island looks like 2 big boobs in the background". Nice to see a few weeks at sea haven't changed his sense of humour! The ETA in Sydney is still Friday (1800 hrs), so only 4 more sleeps to go!






All is well on the homefront with the Canberran locals rejoicing after a solid day of rain, and several more days of it to come. There must be something about Capital cities and me, this is very reminiscent of Wellington!

Over and out ...
Tania

No comments: