We were up nice and early this morning ready for our first decent sail with the kids on board. Getting up early sucks, but the upside was watching a gorgeous sunrise:-)
I was a bit anxious about being seasick, both for myself and the boys but it was not too bad. Harrison had a wee upchuck and Jack was a bit green around the gills first thing in the morning, which we put down to them staying downstairs whilst we were motoring, but once they learnt to stay upstairs they handled the sailing remarkably well. I didn’t have any problems either. Yay!
Jack and I had a great time top deck with our legs over the side and enjoyed the splash of the waves off the bow. There wasn’t much wind, so we motored most of the way to Swansea Bridge (the entrance to Lake Macquarie), and were amazed by how many coal ships we saw (24 at one point) waiting to load up … that’s a lot of coal!
All in all a good day, and we are really proud of the boys
Over and out ...
Tania
No comments:
Post a Comment