7 - 8 May
Another sleep in (yay) and another lazy sail (yay) to Great Keppel Island in 5-10 kt W breeze. Anchored at Leeke’s Beach, a stunning spot with crystal clear water (you can see the bottom at 8m) and a glorious beach to play on. We had a great walk along the beach, checking out all the gorgeous shells along the way and chasing the crabs near the inlet. After some more swimming in the gorgeous water it was off to the boat for the family sunset party!
8th May
Sailed to Rosslyn Bay and berthed at Keppel Bay Marina. What a great marina … unlike many other marinas we have been to (Sydney being the worst), there is so much room between the arms of the jetties you can actually turn your boat midway if you wanted to, with no three point turns AND without running the risk of bumping into someone else’s boat. I know Jeff is actually quite good at controlling our vessel, but this did give him a little peace of mind when berthing Catana!
Had a few days at the marina, and with the use of a courtesy car, free of charge to marina users (love this marina!), we took the opportunity to get a few chores done, and stock up the cupboards ready for some serious island hopping. I also managed an indulgent trip to the hairdresser (first time in a year that I’ve had it cut) and you can be sure that I made the most of my time away doing girly stuff … early Happy Mother’s Day to me!
I cherished the opportunity to catch up with a friend of mine from the old Townsville days. It was great to catch up with Kim and she is as gorgeous and funny as ever. I can’t believe it has been 10 years since we last saw each other! Thanks to Lynne and Martin (her in-laws) for letting us gatecrash their son’s 18th party!!
Over and out ...
Tania
Thursday, May 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment