Tuesday, June 24, 2008

24 June – to Tongue Bay

Sailed through Hook passage then motored to Tongue Bay in 20-25kt S/SE. A very rough sail and were quite exhausted on arrival.

Reading an article in a paper called Coastal Passage about the storm that hit the Whitsundays (refer to boat debris in previous blog). It talks about the number of boats in Airlie that dragged their mooring and ended up on the rocks, and about Nara Inlet on the southern side of Hook Is which we passed yesterday, in which 13 lives were allegedgly lost. This is supposed to be an all-weather anchorage, but obviously did not prove to be that night. Scary stuff. It sure makes us appreciate even more the good weather we have had for this trip.

For some reason the boys got it in their head to do the dishes after dinner, and of course I was hardly going to discourage such thoughts. In fact I think I might be on to a good thing! I wonder how long it will last????

Over and out …
Tania

No comments: