Sunday, June 29, 2008

29 June – heading North

The final leg has started. Today we sailed downwind to Grey’s Bay, the other side of Bowen. The auto-tiller was really playing up today so Jeff hand-steered most of the way. Thankfully the conditions were easy, so it wasn’t too tiring for him. We had two attempts at setting the anchor after the first one failed – my arms were killing me at the end. Thankfully Jeff is sharing the pulling up of the anchor so I am not having to do it everyday, but when I do it is bloody hard work.

Jeff took the kids ashore to the local shop to spend some of their treasure and they had a quick play at the local beach. There are potentially crocs around this area so even though the locals were frolicking carefree in the water, Jeff was very diligent.

On the way back to Catana Jeff knocked Harry in the mouth when starting up the outboard on the tender, and managed to loosen his two front teeth. I don’t know who felt worse, Harry for having a sore mouth, or Jeff for having done it. Hopefully they will set again, I really don’t want him to lose them this early.
The boys had a bit of fun throwing the fishing lines out late arvo. They are more interested in throwing the line than catching anything ... kind of handy really considering there wasn't a fish to be seen!

Over and out …
Tania

No comments: