Monday, January 28, 2008

Day 17 - slow sailing

1700 hrs - Position Lat 34 degrees 57.6 Long 174 degrees 05.0
(Near Molukawanui Island)


And they are off. Yes, Catana finally departed Opua this morning, 1020hrs to be precise - next stop Sydney!!!!



I spoke with Jeff last night and the topping lift has been retrieved (he paid a local teenager $10 to go up ... only took him 2 min, so he got a good deal), the pantry is full and the beer fridge has been restocked. Oh yeah, he's got extra fuel too! He was really excited to be heading off and I can only imagine that he was champing at the bit for customs to do their thing and give them the all clear this morning.

His very short message today said it was "nice sailing, but slow". Their progress as shown on the map backs up that comment! With wind forecasts varying between 5 and 15 knots for the next few days, they could be going slow for a while.

Hmmm, I wonder who will feed the fish first this time (no I'm not going to do another poll, I think it is a foregone conclusion that everyone will vote for Jeff!).


Over and out ...
Tania

No comments: