Well, boy has a lot been happening since our last post. The guys have been in Whitianga this whole time waiting out some nasty weather so, rather than hang around needlessly, Roger has already returned to Wellington. Kit has also had to go back to work, so the search for another crew member is on. I am up in Opua at the moment doing some ground work, and trying to get the third crew member sorted before Catana arrives. Martin, a keen sailor and the manager of the motel we are staying in has been an absolute legend with putting the word out for us (onya Martin at Averill Court Motel!) and as it turns out there is also a sailing regatta on up here this week, so we may be OK ... wish us luck!
Kit has very kindly lent Jeff his sat phone, so we will still have updates as he and Joe continue the trip. I have just received some photos from Roger from the trip up the coast, so once I am back in Auckland tomorrow, I will upload them onto this site.
over and out ...
Tania
Sunday, January 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
who's nigel?
doh, silly me. Name has been ammended!
Post a Comment